Apr 4, 2013

BEAUTY BENEFITS OF BAKING SODA

Hey guys,

You might have heard of using baking soda as beauty solution from your grandmother. Baking soda is most versatile beauty product. It can be used many impressive ways to solve beauty problems.



Deodorizer: I'm not ready to ditch my deodorant any time soon, but every so often, odor in the underarm region seems to survive even the most aggressive attack with traditional sticks. A light dusting of baking soda neutralizes and absorbs odor instead of masking it, so I’m actually smell-free and not some tragic combination of BO and “spring fresh.” (Unfortunately for my new silk shirt, I have also discovered that baking soda is not quite as effective as an antiperspirant.)


Exfoliant: If you’re going the self-mani/pedi route, massage a paste of three parts baking soda to one part water into hands and feet to soften rough skin and naturally buff away cuticles. In the shower, rub a small handful into skin to scrub away oil and grime. With this at-home craftiness, I honestly haven’t had to go to the nail salon or purchase my absurdly overpriced body scrub in a month—and my bank account has been thanking me.


Hair cleanser: Given my infrequent shampooing schedule, sensitive skin, and addiction to hair products, my scalp gets easily irritated. A dollop of baking soda mixed with shampoo helps create a deep cleansing wash. The only problem? It takes forever to completely rinse out, and my head feels ever-so-slightly gritty afterwards. I think I'll stick with a clarifying shampoo for this one.


Skin soother: I like variety, so instead of a salt- or oatmeal-based bath soak, sometimes I throw a baking soda one into the rotation. It softens my skin and helps calm irritation caused by bites or burns. Just be sure to rinse off afterwards. Otherwise, you’ll look (and feel) like a salt-crusted rib roast for the rest of the day.

I hope it helps you.

Good luck
<3
Neha

Don't forget to activate your email subscription now.
Pic ref a

2 comments:

  1. isn't baking soda harsh and makes skin and hair dry??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if u use it once a week. then its nt harsh.

      Delete