Nov 7, 2012

DIY - EYECREAM TUTORIAL



Hey guys,


Did you know 9 out of 10 people have dark circles?


Today, I am sharing one of my most favorite and effective DIY with you. It has helped me a lot. Eyes are very delicate and the product that you use on them should be mild. Most of the people will pamper their face and body with rich moisturizers but eyes are neglected. To avoid those horrifying dark circles its important that you don't hydrate them with a face moisturizer containing chemicals.
DIY eye cream is mild, hydrating, soothing, loaded with goodness of vitamin E and cures dark circles.Skin becomes dark when it doesn't get proper nutrition, I have added vitamin E to fill that gap, it will give necessary nutrition to your eye skin therefore reduced dark circles.


You need:

  1. Aloe vera gel,
  2. Vitamin E capsules, and
  3. Almond oil

Step 1: Aloe vera is used for almost all the skin problems like sunburn, tanning, uneven skin tone. Here I am using Fabindia aloe vera gel. Take full 2 tsp of aloevera gel in a jar. 
Steo 2: Now squeeze 3 vitamin E capsules in it. 
Step 3: Almond oil is also rich in nutrition for skin. Add 1 tsp of almond oil in it. If you feel its not greasy enough then you can increase or decrease the quantity according to your choice.
Step 4: Mix it with fork. 

After mixing all the ingredients well you will see that the cream's color has changed, it's no more transparent. Now your eye cream is ready and your dark circles won't last long.


I have swatched the eye cream on my hand .


Usage:

Apply it every night before going to bed. It will sooth and give cooling effect to your eyes, after all days tiring work it will make you feel relaxed and last but not the least, reduce dark circles. 

I hope you like this tutorial. I'd love to share your experience.

<3
Neha


P.S. This cream doesn't smell so good, so you can mix few drops of your favorite fragrance oil. For eg. lavender oil, lemongrass oil etc.

45 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Kimi, I am sorry my little nephew removed your comment while he was playing around.
      The answer to question is: No I don't store it in fridge. You can store it on room temperature but keep away from sunlight.

      Delete
  2. I just made this cream and will start using it tonight. Thanks for such a clear and concise tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't put any essential oil in since you are using it so close to your eyes. Many of them can sting just being close to the eye and if the product seeps into the eye, then it could have a bad reaction!

    Do you use the strained Aloe Vera or the sticky kind from the stores?

    How many applications is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SRO,

      I use Fabindia aloe vera gel but its not sticky. I prefer to wear this cream before going to bed every night.

      Delete
  4. Are there other oils you can use other than almond oil, or can is the oil necessary? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, there is a reason of using almond oil because it is rich in vitamin E, it gives necessary nutrition to skin.

      Delete
    2. If you really want a substitute then you can replace almond oil with argan oil. Argan oil is rich in Vitamins and fatty acid and it has anti aging properties.

      Delete
  5. Should I keep this lovely concoction in the fridge? Thank you! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you don't have to but keep away from sunlight.

      Delete
  6. How long will this stay good?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could I use liquid Vitamin E? How much should I use?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made this cream and will start using it tonight. Thanks for your eye-opening and informative post, it was a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi am already using Oriflame optimals white day cream & white night cream also
    (12551 & 12552) from past 10 days, but i have dark circles around eyes & upper lip
    please suggest any of good cream for this (i have oily skin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunitha,

      Try DIY-eyecream on my page. This will cure your problems.

      Delete
  10. Wow... very nice tutorial Neha. I will make this EYECREAM now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead Shailja. Many people are already enjoying the benefits :)

      Delete
    2. Also tell us ur comments about it.

      Delete
  11. Too good tutorial.can patanjali's aleo vera gel be used bcuz it contains green color,its not transparent like fab one.almond oil is not for sensitive skin and argan oil is not available in my city.is there any substitute to it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can prepare this cream with any aloe vera gel. Coconut oil works really well on sensitive skin.

      Delete
  12. hey neha i want to ask that for how many days i can be stored??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey anonymous,

      You can store it for a month.

      Delete
  13. Hi Neha,
    How many IU's are in one Vitamin E capsule?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there an alternative to aloe vera? I'm allergic to aloe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. aloe is the base for the cream. In that case it is not for you.

      Delete
  15. Rosehip oil could be a good addition to this cream. http://www.livestrong.com/article/228464-what-are-the-benefits-of-rose-hip-oil-on-the-face/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, will this DIY-eye cream help to reduce fine lines n wrinkles around my eyes n forehead. If I use thm as my face cream.
    Pls suggest me good herbal body lotion or DIY body lotion for super dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an eye cream to nourish delicate skin around eyes. I also have super dry skin and i stick to nivea body lotion.

      Delete
  17. Will this cream help with finelines,wrinkles n puffy eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will help in puffy eyes coz it contains aloe vera.

      Delete
  18. Hi Neha , first of all thanks for the lovely tutorial, I was wondering ,how long should we carry out this routine for? that is if I use it for around one month, would it be sufficient?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderfully simple. Not the first time I've heard of almond oil being used for under eye circles.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can I use real aloe instead of aloe vera?

    ReplyDelete
  21. And do you rub this on your whole eye, even the lids?

    ReplyDelete
  22. How long does it take for circles to disappear when using nightly?

    ReplyDelete